Social Engineering

So it seems that the mighty and all powerful The Googles has my two domains flagged for social engineering.

I have no idea how that happens – did someone report it – or did they find suspicious code somewhere?

Quite awhile back, my site’s index.html did get hacked, but that was years ago. I can’t seem to figure out if it happened again.

I actually first saw this yesterday when I went to upload my DVD database with the new new movies I purchased. Firefox through a red “this website is bad!” message at me. And then I noticed it again this morning when my old LJ site wasn’t showing my photos anymore (they were linked to my personal website.)

And now I try and figure out how to fix everything. Something about using Google’s Search Console and TXT files. I have definitely left my comfort zone here.

Fingers crossed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *